- 1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website; in this policy we explain how we will handle your personal data.
2. How we use your personal data
- 2.1 In this Section 2 we have set out:
(a) the general categories of personal data that we may process;
(b) in the case of personal data that we did not obtain directly from you, the source and specific categories of that data;
(c) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
(d) the legal bases of the processing.
- 2.2 We may process data about your use of our website and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and service. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website.
- 2.3 We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters ("notification data"). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
- 2.4 Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
3. Providing your personal data to others
- 3.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees
- 3.2 In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 3, we may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
4. Retaining and deleting personal data
- 4.1 This Section 4 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- 4.2 Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- 4.3 We will retain and delete your personal data as follows:
(a) Contact Information will be retained for 10 years following the date the contact information was suplpied, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems.
- 4.4 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 4, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
5. Security of personal data
- 5.1 We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
- 5.2 We will store all your personal data on secure servers.
- 5.3 The following personal data will be stored by us in encrypted form: contact information.
- 5.5 You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- 6.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- 6.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- 6.3 We may notify you of changes to this policy [by email or through the private messaging system on our website].
7. Your rights
- 7.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to: the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- 7.2 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- 7.3 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
8. Third party websites
- 8.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- 8.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
9. Updating information
- 9.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
10. About cookies
- 10.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 10.2 Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- 10.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
11. Cookies used by our service providers
12. Managing cookies
- 12.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
13. Our details
- 13.1 This website is owned by Fosse Park.
- 13.1 This website is operated by Now media.
- 13.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 3155544, and our registered office is at Formal House, 60 St Georges Place, Cheltenham GL50 3PN.
- 13.3 Our principal place of business is at Formal House, 60 St Georges Place, Cheltenham GL50 3PN.
- 13.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address given above;
(b) by telephone, on 01242 260 307 or
(c) by email, using email@example.com.
14. Data protection registration
- 14.1 We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
- 14.2 Our data protection registration number is Z2896678
15. Data protection officer
- 15.1 Our data protection officer's contact details are: Dave Powell, Formal House, 60 St Georges Place, Cheltenham GL50 3PN, 01242 260 307