The Crown Estate appoints contractors for Fosse Park extension development works.
We have appointed contractors for the development of the extension of Fosse Park. Following this important step, works are set to begin on site on Monday 1st April 2019.
Bowmer + Kirkland (B+K), the contractors that originally built Fosse Park almost 30 years ago, have been appointed to construct the new development, along with Fox Lloyd Jones as project managers.
The plans will deliver a total of 13 new retail units and 16 new food units within:
- An extended Fosse Park West - expanding the offer for shoppers, along with additional parking.
- A redeveloped Food Court - modernising the look and feel of the park’s dining offer, widening its appeal, and creating a new pedestrian link between the existing scheme and the new extension.
In order to enable works at Fosse Park, Everard Way will be permanently closed from Monday 1st April 2019. Members of the public will still be able to use Fosse Park Avenue and Grove Way to access the shopping park, which will remain open as usual.
In addition, Faircloth Construction has been appointed to undertake works in Fosse Park North which will commence after Easter. This will include:
- Resurfacing of the remaining section of the car park adjacent to Boots, the Food Court and New Look. All stores will remain open and trading as normal whilst the car park works are being delivered.
- The creation of a new pedestrian walkway running north-south to improve links from the main terrace to the car park closest to Marks & Spencer.
- The creation of a new temporary events area to the south east of M&S, which will accommodate EE during the Food Court works and seasonal events thereafter.
In addition, the store facades for Clarks, Carphone Warehouse, Boots and WH Smith are due to be refurbished as part of a phased improvement of the Fosse Park North shopping environment. The timings of this are still subject to agreement the retailers and further information on this will follow in due course.
The total works represent nearly £160 million worth of investment to cement Fosse Park’s position as one of the UK’s leading shopping destinations, and we are excited to see development get underway, with a view for completion in late 2020.