Under the definitions in The Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), The Crown Estate is the Data Controller.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or providing information online to register an interest or to request further information or offers;
- If you contact us by telephone, email, web form or letter, information that forms a record of that correspondence and your contact details;
- If you visit the site in person, information, CCTV images and ANPR information we collect for health and safety and security purposes and to help us understand how our customers use our facility. We will also collect information in order to provide you with wi-fi services and for customer analysis at our sites.
- Information you provide by responding to questionnaires, surveys and competitions and attending events.
- Information you provide as part of your employment with us.
- Information you provide as part of a tenancy with us.
We treat all such data as Personal Data for the purposes of the Act.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data we collect is stored on information technology systems owned and run by or on behalf of The Crown Estate or on systems run by those businesses processing it on our behalf. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the Internet to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all necessary procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or amendment.
How Your Personal Data Will Be Processed
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information on products, services offers and events provided by us or our retail tenants that you request or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To carry out obligations arising from contracts, leases or agreements entered into between you and The Crown Estate;
- To perform surveys and analysis with the aim of improving the services we provide;
- To ensure that your visit to our site is safe and secure.
- To manage your tenancy or employment.
- It is necessary for them to provide you with services on our behalf;
- They provide profiling of our customer base so we can understand our customers better;
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets insofar as they relate to them;
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce agreements or contracts or to protect our rights, our property, or the safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to see what data we hold about you. This includes a description of the data being processed, the purposes of processing and any recipients to whom the data is disclosed. To exercise this right, you must make a Subject Access Request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at The Crown Estate, 1 St James’s Market, London SW1Y 4AH, stating the information you require. We do not charge a fee. We may contact you to verify your identity or to clarify the precise information you require before processing your request, and will answer your request within 40 calendar days.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You will be given an opportunity to exercise your right to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes at the time of collection. However, you can withdraw your consent to receive marketing material at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to correct your personal data at any time.
You have the right to prevent any unwarranted processing likely to cause damage or distress. If you feel that this situation has arisen or may arise, please contact us. Please note that this will not include processing where it is necessary to fulfil a contract or where a legal obligation for us to process the information exists.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside the European Economic Area
We will not transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area.